Last week Rick and Kay Warren did an exclusive interview with Piers Morgan to talk about the recent suicide of their son Matthew who had a lifelong battle with mental illness. Rick and Kay founded Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, CA in 1980 with one other family. Today, it is one of America’s most influential churches, with approximately 20,000 people attending the weekend services.
I thought you might like to read these 3 articles that recently appeared on the CNN Belief Blog (you can also find video clips of the interview on these pages as well):
- Rick Warren Opens Up About Son’s Death in Exclusive Interview
- Rick Warren on Guns, God and Son’s Tragic Death
- The Five Things You Need to Know About Rick Warren
Erich’s note: I have been blessed and encouraged by the ministry of Rick and Kay Warren for years from a distance through messages from Saddleback Church and books. The Purpose Driven Church and are 2 books I highly recommend. I hope you find these articles and interview clips helpful. Share with others who might be blessed as well.
Your turn… What are some helpful articles you’ve read recently?
- Rick Warren Tells Story of Son’s Suicide on CNN (christianitytoday.com)
- Rick Warren on his late son: “Matthew was not afraid to die…he was afraid of pain” (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)