Nelson Mandela, the South African activist and former President, died yesterday at the age of 95. He leaves behind a lasting legacy. Here are a couple of articles and a link to his autobiography:
- 20 Quotes From Nelson Mandela: A Leader Who Truly Changed the World
- 15 Leadership Lessons from Nelson Mandela
- Long Walk to Freedom: the Autobiography of Nelson Mandela
Book description (from Amazon): Nelson Mandela is one of the great moral and political leaders of our time: an international hero whose lifelong dedication to the fight against racial oppression in South Africa won him the Nobel Peace Prize and the presidency of his country. Since his triumphant release in 1990 from more than a quarter-century of imprisonment, Mandela has been at the center of the most compelling and inspiring political drama in the world. As president of the African National Congress and head of South Africa’s antiapartheid movement, he was instrumental in moving the nation toward multiracial government and majority rule. He is revered everywhere as a vital force in the fight for human rights and racial equality.
LONG WALK TO FREEDOM is his moving and exhilarating autobiography, destined to take its place among the finest memoirs of history’s greatest figures. Here for the first time, Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela tells the extraordinary story of his life–an epic of struggle, setback, renewed hope, and ultimate triumph.
For more information and other resources about the life of Nelson Mandela check out the Nelson Mandela Foundation website.
Your turn… Share some articles or resources you’ve seen the past couple of days about Nelson Mandela.
- Remembering an icon in Nelson Mandela (fiwebelize.com)
- Nelson Mandela, 1918-2013 (boingboing.net)
- Nelson Mandela’s impact on sports (olympictalk.nbcsports.com)
- nbcnews: Nelson Mandela dead at 95 Nelson Mandela, the revered… (shortformblog.com)