If you’ve browsed around my blog much you already know I’m a big fan of Andy Stanley. He is a great leader and communicator. He has a way of taking complex concepts and making them simple, understandable, and practical (extremely relevant). You can find lots of great resources on his website. Today, I simply want to mention 3 books you should check out:
“Drawing on two decades of experience mentoring a rising generation, seasoned visionary Andy Stanley shows how to discover and play to your strengths, harness your fears, leverage uncertainty, enlist a leadership coach, and maintain moral authority. Capable men and women will eventually catch, pass, and replace the current generation of leaders. Embracing these essentials, you will not only excel in your personal leadership, but ensure a no-regrets experience for those who choose to follow you.”
- When Work and Family Collide (previously titled Choosing to Cheat)
“Let’s face it. With all the demands of the workplace and all the details of a family it’s only a matter of time before one bumps into the other. And many of us end up cheating our families when the commitments of both collide. In this practical book, Andy Stanley will help you. . .
- establish priorities and boundaries to protect what you value most.
- learn the difference between saying your family is your priority and actually making them your priority.
- discover tested strategies for easing tensions at home and at work.
Watch as this powerful book transforms your life from time-crunching craziness to life-changing success.”
- Deep & Wide (aimed at Church Leaders)
Deep & Wide provides church leaders with an in-depth look into North Point Community Church and its strategy for creating churches unchurched people absolutely LOVE to attend. Andy writes, “Our goal is to create weekend experiences so compelling and helpful that even the most skeptical individuals in our community would walk away with every intention of returning the following week . . . with a friend!” If your team is more concerned with who you are REACHING than who you are KEEPING, Deep & Wide will be more than a book you read; it will be a resource you come back to over and over!
Erich’s note: these are just 3 of the many resources by Andy that you’ll find helpful. Read them and then check out the others.
Your turn… What are some other resources by Andy Stanley that have impacted your life?
- Three Series that Focus on Relationships (resourcesforus.wordpress.com)
- Three Leadership Podcasts You Should Listen To (resourcesforus.wordpress.com)
- It Came From Within (natedagreat.wordpress.com)
- Learning about Character from Andy Stanley (christopherscottblog.typepad.com)
- The Grace of God by Andy Stanley Book Review (christopherscottblog.typepad.com)
- Staying in love (marriagedevotion.com)
- Jim’s Top 10 Christian Podcasts (yourmarriage-matters.com)
- Take Away’s from Choosing to Cheat by Andy Stanley (christopherscottblog.typepad.com)